Cost of In-House Billing
Many organizations have one key person who understands the billing and the software used to do it, but what happens when that person leaves? The impact to your organization can be staggering. EmpowerMax Billing Service provides your organization with the continuity needed to keep the revenue flowing.
If you have your billing in-house you may have a billing office that is overstaffed. This can be driven by a disorganized and chaotic billing process; ineffective billing staff or billing supervision; or high employee turnover which prevents you from ever reaching operational efficiency. No matter the cause, your organization can easily find itself with one or more billers for each provider. If this is the case, you are paying too much internally.
In addition to the labor costs of internal billing, there are many "hidden" costs of billing. For instance:
- System configuration and maintenance,
- Supplies and forms,
- Clearinghouse costs,
- Phone calls to payers and patients,
- Coding and billing books,
- Occupancy costs (the space you are using for your billing department that could be used for other purposes),
- Management focus (spending time managing the billing process instead of expanding the organization)